Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pinterest Made Me Do It!

Pinterest might be the worst/best thing since Facebook.  I graduated college in May 2004.  I don't remember when I joined Facebook or how it came about, but I remember that Hannie made me do it. :)

Then, in 2011, Hannie came to CO to run the Bolder Boulder with me.  She introduced me to this new thing...Pinterest.  She showed me hers and told me it was by invite only, but she'd invite me.  At first, I played on it here and there...then it started to take over!  Here's a little screenshot of my pinterest page, and some of my boards were cut off, after I reduced the size of the page!

That's a lot of boards.  I have baby boards, both for a boy and a girl and a general baby board.  I have crafting boards--Christmas, Fall, and general.  I have school boards--Teaching math, grammar, writing, civil war, art, Back to School, and School.  Then I have cooking boards, recipes to try, sweet recipes, crock pot recipes.  I have dream boards--next vacation, next house, beautiful backyards, gifts I'd be okay getting.  And I have a board for my DOG and husband.  I like Pinterest.  Maybe too much.

This year as I prepped for going back to school I dreamed of making the perfect planner.  One that allowed me to plan my lessons for school along with my meal plans and so much more.  But then I panicked that I couldn't do it and when I stumbled into Office Depot one July day and saw a beautiful lesson planner starring at me with rainbow colors and awesomeness, I decided that it would do.  You see, I use my phone/Google calendar for EVERYTHING.  If it's not in my Google calendar, I'll probably forget that I have to do it.  But it's still not enough.  I like writing things down.  I like crossing things off lists.

With the great meal prep of Sunday I wanted that dreamy planner that I envisioned in my head for school/home/LIFE.  So I searched on Pinterest.  I haven't found it yet, but I've found plenty that are inspiring.

So, my plan?  Create the dream planner that I've always wanted. :)


1 comment:

brnh said...

Hannie makes us do all the social media. I liked this post for a summary of planners: http://pancakesandfrenchfries.com/2014/08/the-ultimate-post-on-day-planners-and-hyperbole/ No Erin Condren love?