Sunday, September 21, 2014

Essential Oils--Use them!

So last year I started reading about Essential Oils on the Anderson Crew blog.  I was intrigued by all the things she said, but also wanted to know myself.  I wanted to talk face to face with someone.  So until then I kept reading about how wonderful they are.

Then this summer I overheard in the office that one of my teachers was having an Essential Oil Class and I wasn't invited.  I cornered her in her classroom and asked her if I could come.  She seemed shocked.  She told me she didn't really know if it would be worth it but a friend of hers sells them and she was just trying to be nice...etc.  I told her to stop trying to talk me out of it and tell me when it was.

So I went to the class and I was hooked!  She sells DoTerra Esstial Oils.  I signed up right there to be a Wellness Advocate and ordered my Family Physician and Slim & Sassy kit.  I couldn't wait for it to arrive!

While I waited, I  pinned a few things. Follow Sarah's board Essential Oils on Pinterest.  

When they finally got here the first thing I did was made Ryan an allergy bomb and put it on his toes that night!  When allergies are in full swing he's poppin' Claritin, Zantac, or whatever allergy meds he can get over the counter.  Unfortunately each season they seem to be less effective.  So I started rubbing the allergy bomb on his toes.  And it worked!  Every night I mixed my lemon, peppermint, and lavender in my hands, he would smell it and then get a foot massage, primarily on his toes.

You can see that our sinuses, nose, and throat have reflexology points on our toes, which is why I rubbed it there.

I also made some anti-itch spray that I tried on Ryan.  He wasn't convinced it would work, but after a few minutes I asked him if his bites still itched and he replied, "Oh, I guess not" with a smirk on his face telling me that his doubt in the great essential oils was fading. 

Since I got my first order in June, I've ordered a few more times. :)  I'm sold!  They are FABULOUS!  
You can check them out on my website, www.mydoterra.com/sarahglover

No comments: