Monday, September 01, 2014

Happy New Year!

Well, kind of...

School is back in session, so it is a happy new year!  Just a different kind of happy new year.  Now that school is back in session, my days are filling up fast!  So fast that this week, after today, I probably won't see the inside of my house before 8 PM most days.  Sad Face.

Yesterday was Meal Prep Sunday!  A co-worker came over and we prepped SIX crock pot meals for the month of September.  I ended up with ten meals because three of the recipes I divided into two bags each.  When I sat down to meal plan for September I felt like I had TOO MANY options!  That never happens!  It is quite glorious!

It took us about three hours to prep the meals.  We had each chosen three recipes to share with eacher other.  We each did our own shopping, though we did share a few ingredients.  After I sent a text that said, If you buy apple juice, I'll get all the spices.  :)

Here's what we made--  Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, BBQ Chicken with Veggies, Taco Chicken, Stuffed Peppers, Pineapple Pork, and Sweet & Sour Chicken.  Obviously there is a chicken theme.  All meals were put in gallon sized freezer bags and stuck in the freezer.  I'm pretty excited to reap the benefits of this endeavor.

I wish I had thought to take a picture of our table full of ingredients and while we were preparing the meals.  Next time.

**I thought I had all the recipes on my Pinterest Board but now I can only find the link to the one.  Sorry.

And, because blogs need pictures...here's one totally unrelated to this post.  My two favorites with whom I share my house.  

Happy Labor Day!








No comments: