Sunday, December 22, 2013

Denver Girls Night Out

About a month ago, some friends from work and I went out for a fun night in Denver.  We had purchased a Groupon for Manis and Martinis in September and decided that it was time to use it.

We met first for dinner before heading to the Beauty Bar.  I don't remember where we ate, but burgers were consumed. :)

The Beauty Bar opens at 7 PM and only does manis until 10 PM.  We headed there right at 7 to be sure that we could get our manis.  Now, if you are looking for all the bells and whistles of a manicure, then the Beauty Bar is not for you.  If you are looking for a quick polish change with a little shaping while you drink your Martini, then head on over.

The four of us got our nails painted and enjoyed a couple of drinks.  The Beauty Bar reminded me of a scene from the movie Grease.  It was decorated with glittery walls and 50s sort of decor.  If my nails hadn't been wet, I would have taken a couple of pictures.

After our manis were dry we headed for dessert at the D Bar.
The D Bar is owned by Keegan Gerhard and Lisa Bailey.  Keegan Gerhard has been featured on the Food Network many times.  It's a tiny little restaurant and every time I have been there, there has been a wait to get in.

The two times I had been there before, I thought that we had just stood in line waiting, so that's what we did this night.  However, after about 15 minutes and telling people they had to stand and wait and that there was no list, I learned that there was indeed a list.  Oops.  I don't know if that's a new thing, or if I just never knew we had put our name on a list when I had been at the D Bar before.  Oh, well, now I know.

As we were waiting to get in, my neighbor came out with a group of her friends.  The D Bar is a great way to spend a girls night. :)



No comments: