Monday, August 05, 2013

I Heart eMeals!

I also heart e-mails, which is what most people think I'm saying when I talk about eMeals.

So let me tell you about eMeals, so that you too can heart them!


I <3 eMeals

I had heard about emeals about a year ago when a friend/co-worker sent me a Groupon about it.  I looked at it and thought, no, don't be stupid!  You can look up recipes online and you have a few cookbooks.  So I passed it up.

Then, in May or June Colleen was telling me how a friend of theirs was using emeals and how it was a great tool for them.  They own a business and have two small children, so emeals was making their meal planning and prepping a breeze.  Colleen mentioned that she was going to try it.  Then I saw the Groupon was available again.  So I sent her the Groupon link and she bought it.

I still wasn't sold.

After Ryan and Colleen had been using it for about a month I asked how she liked it.  I was at her house and she showed me the plan.  Holy easy batman!  Every week they would email her a plan of 7 meals AND A GROCERY LIST.  Along the right of the grocery list was the list of staples she would need.  It was pretty awesome.  Then she let me copy a recipe or two...I was sold!

But I had to do two things, first wait for another Groupon and second, convince my Ryan.  The second was the harder.

I Googled "eMeals Groupon" frequently while trying to convince Ryan.  I was hoping to get the same deal Colleen had got.  One year of dinners for $29!  A steal really!  Then a miracle happened!  Groupon was giving your an instant $10 off if you spent over $30 on a Groupon AND eMeals had a Groupon that was $39 and included dinners AND lunches for the year!  I was double sold.  Lunches and dinners for a year for $29!?!  How could I not?  I did it!

We've been using it about two weeks now and I love it  When the menu comes to my inbox I print it off.  I go through it and see if there is anything that I know we won't eat.  If so, I cross it off and cross off any of the grocery items related only to that meal.  Then I check my staples to make sure I have them all.  I also check my meat supply.  I buy a lot of chicken and pork chops when it's on sale, so I did have a pretty decent supply in my freezer.

We (I) chose the clean eating plan.  This past week for 14 meals I paid $100 in groceries.  Since returning from NE we have eaten out once, on Saturday, at the Movie Tavern.  If we ate out more than three times a week for dinner, we'd easily spend $100!  So getting 14 meals for both of us for $100 a week is pretty awesome!

Tonight as we were eating Chipotle Chicken Potatoes, I asked Ryan if he was willing to admit that eMeals was an okay investment.  His response, "I still don't know what it does that a cookbook can't do." So I told him he could pick, plan, and shop for the meals next week out of a cookbook.  The ease of having it all emailed and ready to go is worth it in my book.  Especially once school starts back up and I'm driving 45 minutes each way every day!  To come home and not have to think about what to make will be awesome!

New menus come on Wednesdays, so I would like to be able to go to the store on Friday nights.  Doing that allows the weekend to prep anything that needs prepped.  This week I prepped a few meals and had them in the fridge with sticky notes on them.  Ryan was able to finish up the process when he got home and dinner was ready!  That's fabulous!

I <3 eMeals

**eMeals did not pay me to promote them, all of my opinions are my own based on my own experiences.  If you click one of the eMeals pictures in this post you will be taken to my eMeals referral page and I can receive a 25% referral commission.

No comments: