Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Goodbye 2013...Hello 2014!

Last year in January I set a bunch of goals...sadly I didn't accomplish many of them.  But, I sure thought about them a lot.  :)  Even though I didn't accomplish many of my goals, some great things happened in 2013.  I meant to blog about those great things yesterday, but I forgot.  So here they are, in no particular order.

My brother and his wife became parents and I now I have a beautiful niece.  Little Miss is my favorite thing about going to Nebraska!  She has beautiful sparkling blue eyes and a wonderful disposition.  I am grateful that every time I come home, her momma lets me watch Little Miss at least once while I'm home.

We went to Hawaii!  I made a goal a loooooooooooooong time ago to visit 50 states before I turned 40.  I honestly didn't think I would ever make it to Hawaii or Alaska.  However, we made it to Hawaii and it was beautiful.  We went to Kaui with great friends and got to be with them when they found out they were going to be parents.  Little M was officially made theirs through adoption on December 28th!


On our way to Hawaii we were able to spend a day in Seattle.  Checking Washington off of our list of places to visit.  It was a long day, arriving in Seattle around 9 AM and then departing the next morning for Hawaii.




I got a tattoo.  I've been talking about it for years.  I never thought I would actually do it.  I was with the right people at the right time, and the weekend of Thanksgiving I got my tattoo.  I love it!  I thought I would only get one tattoo, but soon after it healed, I started thinking about my second tattoo.  We'll see if I ever get it.


I attended my sixth National Youth Gathering and checked Texas off of my list of states to visit.  I met some more great people and we had a great time in San Antonio.

I'm sure there were many other great things of 2013, but they slip my mind right now.  Here's to many great things in 2014!

No comments: