Monday, October 10, 2011

Things I Google...{Via Scribendi}


Goo-gle: Verb--to search for something on the Internet.
What do I Google?  The better question is what don't I Google?!?!?
  • Directions
  • How to cook
  • How to write a resume'
  • How to get funding for my school
  • Abe Lincoln
  • Thomas Jefferson
  • Newton's First, Second, and THIRD Laws
  • Forces
  • Paul's Missionary Journeys
  • Bible verses for Teachers
You get the idea.  Google is a part of our lives...daily!  The question is what did people do before Google?  I know, I know, they used Yahoo!  Why didn't Yahoo! catch on like Google?  My personal thought is the gruffness that the two "g"s provide.
Googling however can go the wrong direction quickly.  You know what I'm talking about...you started your Google search so innocently... "Why is..." the rest of the question is supposed to be "...the sky blue?"  but instead something silly comes up like "Why is my poop green?"  And THAT is ALWAYS when someone walks by you or sees your computer screen!  In fact, a quick Google search will show that there are actually websites and lists being formed on the Internet that tracks these sort of silly Googles.
Sometimes one can even Google things simply for the laugh in which they are sure to provide.  Cake wrecks.  Dear Blank.  Failbook.  The list can go on and on.  And if you need a funny joke about ducks and light bulbs, have no fear, I'm sure you can find something on Google.  (Great, now I'm going to go Google that to see if there are any...hold on....{nope, just a bunch about light bulbs, and a few about ducks, none that are in the same joke, bummer!})
Google, the new verb.  Everyone's doing it.  And everyone has a different reason for doing it.  It's fun.  It can become a time waster.  Those of us who love to procrastinate (or just simply do it because) can use Google to hopefully save are rears or spark an idea so that we can do chapel in an hour because we forgot until we opened our computer at school that we were in charge of chapel...
Now that you've read about things I've Googled and my thoughts on Google, what are you going to Google next?

No comments: