Saturday, July 23, 2011

I have the cutest god-daughter!

Today Ryan and I traveled over to Faith Lutheran in Denver (really close to Emmaus).  The reason we went over there was to celebrate Maddie's life.  Yesterday was her 6th birthday!  And this year she has been cancer free for 5 years!  Friday I met up with Mona, Katie, and Maddie and we all got pedicures.  Since it was her birthday, they gave both her and Katie cute flowers on their big toes.  When I got to Faith today, she told me that her flower didn't wash off in the bath.  I guess she was nervous about that.  I, being the horrible, but maybe great, god-mother that I am could not think of anything to get Maddie.  I usually give her baptism birthday gifts rather than birthday gifts so that the other three don't wonder why I don't bring them  gifts on their birthdays.  But today I wanted to do something as being cancer free for 5 years is a pretty big deal!  I remembered how Grama used to take us kids to lunch and then wherever we wanted to go.  So I pulled Maddie aside later and told her that I just couldn't decide what to get her so she was going to have to go shopping with me to pick something great out.  She was super excited about it.  She was even hoping that it could happen today or maybe tomorrow.  She told me that she wasn't going back to Colorado Springs until tomorrow afternoon.  But we have a silly voter's meeting tomorrow, so I told her that I would make plans with her mommy to come and get her sometime soon.  I can't wait to hang out with her for the day!

Here we are right before I left.
Love It!!

No comments: