Friday, July 22, 2011

What We Ate Monday

I wish I had taken the time to take pictures of the amazing-ness that we ate on Monday, but I didn't think about it until now, but I wanted to share the recipe because it was super easy and quick!

I found the basis of the recipe online, but I don't remember where.  I kind of "tweaked" it to make it work for us, so without further ado, I present Yummy Chicken Penne Pasta

8 oz of Penne Pasta
2 Chicken Breasts (I grilled ours, the original recipe said to fry)
2 Zucchini
Baby Carrots
Broccoli 
8 oz SHREDDED Parmesan Cheese
3/4 Cup of Heavy Cream
1/2 Tbls. Oil

Boil pasta, in the last 4 minutes of the boiling process add your veggies. Drain.

In a saucepan mix oil, cheese, and cream.  Heat until cheese is melted.  

Grill or fry.  (If you fry it, you can use 1 Tbsp. of oil and then put your cream and cheese in there after you're done cooking the chicken.)  Cut chicken up.

Combine chicken and veggies and then pour melted cheese mixture over the whole dish.  I think I used too many veggies and too much chicken because ours wasn't super creamy, but it was still very yummy!  And it made a lot!  We froze 6 containers of it and left 3 out for lunches.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom G.-
Yum! This sounds really good! It's not a variation on a Kraft recipe I sent you, is it?