Sunday, June 05, 2011

Summer vacation.........oh how I love you!

So last Friday, May 27th was the last day of school.  It was glorious!  That night I went back to school at 8 PM for our annual middle school lock-in.  We spent many hours up at Boondocks in Northglenn, then we headed to the Village Inn in Lakewood and then back to church.  At church we played minute-to-win-it games and noodle tag (we allowed the kids to beat each other with swim noodles).  We also played some sardines and hide and seek in the church.  It was a looooooooong night!  I got home about 8 AM on Saturday and slept until about noon.
Mmmmm....Village In at 1AM!

I delivered a wedding in Watkins, CO for Colleen on Saturday.  I had no clue where Watkins was--I should have googled it!  The actual wedding site was about 10 miles from our house.  If I had googled it, I would have made arrangements to meet up with Nicole at the site.  Instead I drove about 40 minutes up to Northglenn to Ryan & Colleen's then another 40 minutes to the wedding site, did our thing for about an hour, then drove back to Ryan & Colleen's and then drove home...lesson learned always check google maps first!
This wedding was a little bit amazing...I wanted to go to it.
 Monday  
was the BB, which you have already read about...
Tuesday 
I was supposed to have a summer staff meeting, but three of my five staff members couldn't be there due to circumstances beyond their control, so I worked in my classroom until about 10, came home and watched a bunch of Friday Night Lights with Hannah.  Then we went shopping at Target!  I got a new purse!  Hooray!
Wednesday
I took Hannie to the airport, sad day, and then headed back to school for our staff meeting.  It was over in about 4 hours...not too shabby.  I then did some re-arranging/decorating in my office.  
Thursday 
I went to Colorado Springs to watch the three oldest Book kids at their field day.  I can't believe how big they are!  RJ just finished 3rd grade, Katie-1st grade, and Maddie finished kindergarten!  My how time flies!  We went to lunch at Culver's.  I headed back to Denver, by way of the Castle Rock outlets. :)  Ryan and I then headed to Gibby's to play some volleyball.  

Maddie, Crab Racer Extrodinare

Friday
was the first day of break where I got to sleep in...it was glorious!  I did some laundry, took a nap, did some more laundry, took another nap, got up and got ready for the day.  Ryan came home and we had some grilled burgers and watched more Friday Night Lights
Saturday
I went to a pampered chef party and then did more laundry.  Ryan fixed the brakes on my car.  I also baked rainbow cupcakes for church, but I didn't get time to frost them, so they became rainbow cupcakes for us.  I had made mini chocolate cupcakes with oreo frosting--those I did take to church.

They look so pretty...I didn't really want to put frosting on them anyway

Today
 has been about me making a mental list of things to do, but not actually getting them done...so tomorrow.

Currently
my dog is going crazy, running in and out of the house with a sock and attacking it.  He's such a goober!

For mom...
Here are some pictures of our yard.  I wish I would have taken some before pictures.  These are the "during" pictures, as we are not quite done.  We are probably going to put in a sprinkler system and then we need to decide if we're going to lay sod or plant seed....
 So if you imagine putting these three pictures together, you can get a full view of the back fence area.


 
 And putting these three pictures together will give you an idea of the view from the back fence to our house.  We put rock 6 feet from the house to create a sort of "patio" area.  We also put rock between the fence and house on either side of the house.  Then there is a 2 foot border all the way around the fence.


This picture is looking down from the gate into the back yard.   

1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!