Saturday, June 11, 2011

Zumba

About a month ago I received an email from Living Social.  It's a website similar to Groupon that sends you daily deal for your city.
On this particular day I received a deal for 10 Zumba classes for $30, which sounded amazing to me.  I thought about it for about 2 hours and then decided to go for it.  I then emailed it to four of my friends who I thought might like to join me for 10 weeks of zumba.

I mean, look how cool these people look.  An hour long dance/workout, sounded like loads of fun to me!  One of my friends, whom I emailed, Kathleen, decided to take the plunge with me and bought the deal too!  We signed up last week to attend Zumba on Wednesday from 5:45 to 6:45.  The location of the class was perfect for us--Downtown. Kathleen works downtown and Emmaus is so close to downtown that I could easily meet Kath for Zumba and then take her to her car at the light rail station.

So Wednesday was our first day of Zumba...


This, above, is what I wanted it to be like...we just join a group of awesome people and instantly know what is happening, because the instructor calls out exactly what to do
"Left kick, right kick, two hops, left kick, right kick, two hops"


Instead, it was more like this...I stared at the instructor and just when I thought I knew what she was doing, she switched the step.  Every time the group turned around, I turned the opposite way.  I hardly ever got my arms to match what she was doing, and rarely my feet were doing the right thing.  All in all it was an awkward first time, but I loved it!  Can't wait to go back!

No comments: