Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Since Last Time...

Well, my photography class has ended, but I have tons of photos on my SD card, so I thought I would share some of them here. 

Up first, a wedding...dessert at the D Bar in Denver for Colleen's Birthday.  This deliciousness is an ice cream sandwich...made with two warm waffles!  Yummy!

 These are some flowers from a wedding I delivered with Colleen at the JW Marriot in Cherry Creek. 
 Wine glasses from the same wedding, I was trying to be artsy, it maybe didn't work like I wanted it to...
 This picture however looks like I hoped it would.  The JW had various vases of colored water and marbles around.  I used a slow shutter and twisted my lens as the picture took to get this affect.   I learned this in my photography class. 
 This was a random wall outside of the hotel covered with these little squares, I thought I could be artistic again, but it was pretty windy, and the wedding delivery was a bit stressful, so I just snapped a few pictures.
 So Amy's Bridal Shower/Bachelorette party was Saturday (2/19/2011) and I spent Friday with Colleen making cake-pops for the party.  We also took pictures of Tank.  I look ridiculous, but oh well. 
 Step 1:  Make and let it cool, then take the cake out of the pan and crumble it to crumbs.
 Step 2:  Take another picture of Tank.
 Step 3:  Mix 8 oz of cream cheese, 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp of Milk (and I think butter, but I don't recall and am not really in the mood to go get the recipe.... :-P )
 Step 4:  Combine crumbs and cheese cream mixture.
 Step 5:  Cake-pop batter.........
 Take random pictures of hearts that are in the candy bowl.
 Let Tank in from the back yard.
 So right here is supposed to be a picture of a bunch of cake pops that have been rolled into balls and had sucker sticks in them, but for some reason it won't upload.  I put them in freezer before Step 6:  Dip the balls into melted chocolate.

 Sprinkle cake pops before chocolate hardens.
 Oooooooooooooooooh, pretty!
 You can use white chocolate too!
 And you can color your white chocolate and swirl it on the cake pops.
 Guess who went to the groomer's and came back oh so handsome... TANK!  And he even left his bandanna on for a while. 
 Here's the party table, as well as Phil and Amy's legs. 
 Close up of the cake-pops on a 50 cent platter from the Arc!  (It was half off!)
 Again....I liked the way they photographed. 
 Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, M & M's for the party!
 And pretty napkins and plates.
 And Monday...  Tank is not allowed into the office, here he is, sad dog, not allowed to come in and play. 
 He really tried to sneak in little by little, but he always got sent back out to the hall.
Finally we end with a family picture that Ryan's mom took of us last night...too bad Tank was more interested in something on the floor.....

1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

TANK LOOKS SO HANDSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't get enough of that picture of him!!

And your table looks so nice. And great pics! I had such a fun time making cake pops with you.