Thursday, October 25, 2007

post 289832473875

Tomorrow is the end of the first quarter. This makes me happy! That means that on Monday I don't have to grade any late work! I HATE late work. Late work is synonymous with do everything multiple times. And that makes me a bit grumpy. I'm trying really hard to stress to my students that on Monday they all get to start with A's and all they have to do is keep them. I heard this somewhere and thought that perhaps it would be more motivating. It's sometimes hard to motivate students to earn A's, but keeping them should be easy right? Hopefully my logic works.

With the end of the first quarter comes the obvious--the beginning of the second quarter--and of course parent teacher conferences. I'm fairly certain it was not a teacher who came up with that idea. :-P I'm a bit nervous about meeting with my fifth grade parents. Especially the "Monday Parent"--though my Monday's haven't really been a problem for about a month. I think that parent is on a high, and conferences may swing her around to a low in which case an after conference meeting may be necessary.

Well, it's night two of the World Series. So far it's Rockies-1, Red Sox-0. I am hoping that it will stay that way tonight. I was a bit saddened by last night's score (13-1 Red Sox). Of course making it to the World Series is an accomplishment! I never thought I would be watching baseball in October, that's for sure.

I got my tickets to the Colorado-Nebraska Football game today. I'm still pretty excited about it, despite the Huskers showings the past three weeks. I must say it is getting harder and harder to defend those boys. :) I'm sure they will turn it around this weekend! ?!!

Well, I think I've procrastinated enough...must go work on the report cards!

Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo Huskers.