Saturday, July 28, 2007

Orlando, Day 3

Wow are my feet tired! Today we had training at 8am, and lucky me got a radio!!! That's right, I'm as cool as the MG Cop with my radio! :) We trained until 1pm, went to pizza hut and then laid around. It was nice! We all got out of bed around 4pm, straightened our hair (which was pointless!) We headed to the convention center to take our command posts as YAV Ushers! I adopted Chrissy to my team since she didn't have anything to do anyway. The children were released like wild animals, and none of them got hurt!
Pastor John Nunes was the speaker tonight. It was quite good. He talked about how we want to use tools to break down and destroy things, but God uses tools to mold us into a Christ-like image.
The mass event ended around 10pm and we were back to the hotel by 11. Thus far I've seen about 8 people from Seward, and Camp, and even good ol' Tilden. One of the girls walking with us said to me "geez, you know everyone, everytime we go somewhere we stop and wait for you." Gotta love the lutheran world!
Here are a few pictures for the past two days.



Waiting for the trolly on the first night, so we could go to City Walk for supper.
The Trolly!
My usher team, Chrissy (roommate in Denver), Rebecca (roommate in Orlando), and me with cool earpiece, and strange curl as the result of the humidity!
Curious George at City Walk, isn't he cute?

No comments: