Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Stuck in the Bathroom...

This week I have noon recess "off". Connie takes my kids after lunch to recess so I have a break (I take hers at morning recess). Well Mr. Burkee was out of the office so my time "off" consisted of answering the front doorbell and the phone, as well as explaining to the alarm man which keypad needed to be fixed. Because of these things and a few of my own things, I didn't get time to use the restroom.

Right before the kids came in I ran down to the "teacher" bathroom ( a public restroom that students aren't allowed to use). I noticed that the door wasn't closing properly so I decided to find out what the problem was. Well the problem increased when I shut the door...I couldn't get it open! So I'm in this little tiny bathroom laughing at myself thinking "great, I'm stuck in the bathroom until someone needs to use it. What am I going to do?" I knew that it was very likely that Connie would come to use it after recess so the chances of being stuck in there til 3 were slim and none. I couldn't' bring myself to shout for help though, because in reality being stuck in a bathroom by yourself is sometimes better than being stuck in a classroom with 9 adolescents.

Well, I heard the kids in the hallway using their bathrooms so I knew they were back so I started banging on the door. Connie, in her teacher like brilliance, decided that the boys were doing the kicking so she parked herself outside their bathroom to catch them in the act of making a lot of commotion. In the midst of kicking for attention and pulling on the door I got out! I came up the stairs laughing and told Connie don't always assume that the noise is a child. She calmly says, "Was that you? Were you stuck?"

Some days there is not point in getting out of bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! One time I got stuck in the bathroom at Sears and seriously, my Mom had to come get me out. It was ridiculous. See you friday!
Colleen (aka, anonymous)