Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cards vs. Rocks

So at the Rockies game, I had a very interesting experience. So when we first got to the game, this kid came over and just sat by me. It was very weird, so I turned to him and said, "Is my umbrella in your way?" He replied "No, I just wanted to sit here". Okay? Then he left and I looked at the youth sitting next me and asked "What do you think that was about?" She was like, "I don't know but he just told his friends you were pretty." I decided he thought I was 12 and not 24.

THEN...

10 minutes later or so another guy comes and just sits by me. I decided it was too weird that two people would randomly just sit by me like that, so I asked "Why are you sitting here?" He told me it was his seat and that was why he was sitting there. He also decided that I was being rude so he felt that proper introductions were necessary. We then chatted about the Rockies and CU vs. NE. Then the rain came down. He began scoot closer to me to share my umbrella. Then his hand was around me (keep in mind I'm there with the youth group). Connie, a teacher who I was with, kept asking me, "Do you know this guy?" She then got involved in the conversation we were having. He insisted that she was my mom. He also didn't believe that I was there with a youth group and told me I should go to Boulder with him after the game. Then the youth showed up complete with their "Miss Wright can we..." He was like, "Are those the kids you were talking about?" Uh, duh! After being in the rain for a while our group decided to seek shelter and he left. It was a very bizarre occurance.

Before leaving for the game, I was putting on mascara and talking to Liz, one of the youth, and I was like "I don't know why I'm wasting time putting on make-up, I'm going with a youth group, it's not like I'm going to meet my future husband." While all this is happening she starts signing to me about meeting my husband...oh brother.

One of the moms with us told me I should invest in a ring to wear on my right hand and when guys start to come over to me, I can move it to my left hand...but I ask you this, how does one meet her future husband pretending to be married?!?!? She doesn't. :P

No comments: