Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Goals for 2013

Goals, resolutions, whatever you call them now is the time to make them, right?  Well I have a few.

Be More Organized.
  Specifically I'm terrible about keeping receipts and keeping track of mail that needs to be handled.  We do most of our bills online but occasionally we get something in the make that needs to be filled out and returned or paid and I just pile it up with the 90000 other pieces of mail we get and then three months later I find it and it's too late.  So my goal is to keep everything in envelopes by months.  I made cute ones with my new Cricut.  We'll see how it works out.

Be Healthier
  Which is also the same as lose weight.  Two months ago I joined Weight Watchers with a friend.  I did great even losing a pound over Thanksgiving week.  The last two weeks though I haven't been to a meeting, so who knows what the scale will say when I do go...  But the be healthier part isn't just about losing weight, but WW has helped.  For example, fruits and veggies are zero points, SO guess who's been eating more fruits and veggies?  This girl!

"Run" Twelve 5ks
  This may seem crazy, so let me explain.  This year I turn 31.  Katie from Runs with Cookies also turns 31 and pointed out that a 5k is 3.1 miles.  So I thought, huh, maybe for my 31st year I should "run" a 5k.  I  really want to participate in a Disney race at some point in my life.  I'm not ready to commit to the 13.1 half marathon, but I desperately desire to become a "runner".  So this will help with the above goal, and it will be fun.  I'm not going to be paying for all these 5k's.  Some will be from the comfort of my treadmill.  Here's my line up:


January 25--Virtual 5k @ Runs for Cookies
March--Treadmill
April 28--Color Run
May  4--Gethsemane Gladiator Get Fit Event
May 27--Bolder Boulder (This one is actually a 10K)
June--Treadmill
July--LCMS Youth Gathering (Usually there is a 5k at the gathering, hopefully they will have one again this time, but I can't find any information on the website.)
August--Firefly 5K
September--Treadmill
October--??
November--Treadmill
December--Rudolph Ramble

Get to School Earlier
  I usually try to get to school early enough to get a few things done, but I started slacking.  Ideally I would be at school no later than 6:30 AM every morning so that I can leave by 4 PM every afternoon.  I'm going to work to get in earlier so that I can leave earlier.  I found myself leaving later and later as we got closer to Christmas.

TRAVEL!
  Hopefully we can add at least one state, maybe two to our list of states we have visited.  I have a goal of visiting all 50 states before I turn 40, and to keep that goal we need to get traveling. :)

So there you have it.  A few of my goals. 

Oh, and I did my first 5k today to see what my time would be...47 minutes and 11 seconds.  Hopefully by December it will be 37 minutes and 11 seconds.  :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Wow! Good luck with the running. I am not a runner, so admire anyone who runs! I'll join you on the eating healthier, though! :-) Here are some of my goals for this upcoming year! http://www.joyfullythriving.com/2013/01/my-2013-goals/