Sunday, January 29, 2012

God is Good

All the time. Tonight I got an email back from Gethsemane. The few things that needed to be tweaked were tweaked and taken care of, so that means that once the voter's approve the call, it will be officially extended. I told them that I would accepted the call when it got to that point. Hooray for having a job next year!

Funny of the Night:
I've been working on getting laundry done all day today. I told Ryan after dinner that I needed him to put his plate in the dishwasher and start it. I had already put the soap in it (those fancy little Cascade tablet things...) I was in the laundry room folding clothes and Ryan said to me "How do you work this thing again?" I started laughing and told him. I asked him why he didn't know how to work it yet. His response? "We've only used it 5 times since we moved in" OH IF HE ONLY KNEW...I laughed and told him that just because he'd only emptied it five times, does not mean it's only been used five times...

Okay, one more couponing story. Today I went to Walgreens to get a few things. I was able to get some more soap, deodorant, toothpaste, and shampoo for very little--I spent $22.15 but saved $21.72! AND I earned $9.00 in Register Rewards. I then took my $9.00 in RR, and used them in my next transaction. DiGiorno pizzas were on sale 2/$10. I had a coupon from the paper making them 2/$8. So I got 2 pizza's, some eyeshadow ($2.40 plus a $1 coupon), and some gum for &0.69 (because it wouldn't take my coupons & RR due to tax for $2.49! Woot! I went all nerd and created a spreadsheet to track the amount I spend, how much I save because of manufactured coupons, multiplied savings, grocery loyalty cards, and RR. :) I'm excited about it. Ryan, well, in December when I show him how much I've saved, will be SUPER excited. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

And I'll be excited to see your savings, too! :-) Congrats on the new call. Isn't it amazing how God works?