Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Vacation 2011

Wow, never have 5 days gone by so fast!

I was out of school on Tuesday at 3 PM so Ryan and I started packing up some of our stuff at the Oakes.  We had a lovely lasagna dinner with them to end our time staying there.

Wednesday morning we packed 98% of our belongings not in storage and headed down south to sign the papers to become home owners again.  Our closing was at noon and we were done by 1:02 PM.  It was great!  After a quick meal at Wendy's we headed to the post office and picked up our mailbox keys.  We were off to begin the mad unpacking!

We had purchased tickets to see the Lion King back in August and so we didn't have a lot of time to unpack on Wednesday.  I stayed at the house and started unpacking while Ryan went to Lyssa's to pick up some of our stuff from her garage.  He came back, we unpacked that stuff and a few other things then headed to R & C's to shower and change for the Lion King.

The Lion King was great!!

Thursday morning we picked up our final belongings & Tank and headed HOME!  Ryan took Lyssa to the airport and I again hit the unpacking.  He came home and we unpacked our containers until about 2 PM.  We showered and headed to Castle Rock for Thanksgiving linner (as Ryan calls lunch & dinner).  We came home hoping to finish our bedroom and go to bed...the problem was we couldn't find the legs to our bed. 

Friday morning we worked feverishly on the unpacking and were able to get most of it done.  Ryan's parents came & his dad helped with the final big things and saved the day when he found the legs to our bed! Cyndi & Colleen also came over and were a great help, unpacking boxes & putting together the futon & our bed!

Saturday morning Peggy came over and she and I unpacked the kitchen while Ryan went to the library to finish his final projects for his grad class.

Sunday we headed to church & then a few stores in search of blinds for our abode.

Today Ryan took the day off, and I'm told that he finished taking stuff from the garage to their appropriate location so we can park in there tonight!  And he installed blinds in the entry way and the powder room!  He was beginning to install them in our bedroom when I hung up the phone! 

All in all I was reminded of how blessed I am!  I am truly thankful for all that I have been given!

3 comments:

Colleen Oakes said...

Your house is going to be amazing - it already is - and I can't wait to see all the progress.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Congratulations on your new home! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new home! When are you going to post pics. I can't wait. :)