Friday, August 12, 2011

Hanging with Maddie

Yesterday I got the privilege of hanging out with the coolest 6 year old I know.  I drove to Colorado Springs to pick Maddie up at noon.  Our mission:  Have a fun girls day and find her a baptismal birthday present.  Our plan...well I didn't have one, because I don't really know Colorado Springs.

I picked her up at noon and asked her what she wanted to for lunch.  She told me we should probably go somewhere close to her house and that there was a King Burger {Burger King} nearby, but she didn't know if she wanted to go there...  So we drove in the general direction of food.  As we were driving she was supposed to be watching and choose a place to eat.  She was quite talkative in the back seat and I kept having to ask her where we were going.  Then she decided on the Black Bear Diner.  I loved it!  It was a cute little diner that reminded me of my days working at The Cafe in Meadow Grove.  There were cute little black bears all around. 


 Once we left we were on our way to the Target Mall because they have a play area.  I didn't know where this mall was so I was trying to use my detective skills.  I asked if there was a JCPenney and Dillards at the Target Mall--yes, there was.  So I drove to where I had seen the JCP & Dillards only to be told that it was not the Target Mall.  So then I drove to Target, which was a stand alone store.  Then she remembered that the Target Mall was in Denver.  So we just went to Target.

We were probably in Target close to two and a half hours.  We made three trips to the fitting room. 


It was great.  I loved the pink shirt with the cupcake but it was "too hot" for her, even though I tried to explain that it was going to be winter soon.  The skirt she is wearing with the yellow shirt was HUGE, but it had these elastic pulls on it so we were able to make it fit, we decided that was a maybe because she could grow into it and wear it longer.  The leggings that came with it were super cute.  After many yes, no, and maybes we went to look at toys, then shoes, then clothes again.  Finally she settled on a super cute outfit {which I didn't get a picture of, Boo!}


We had to pause in between fitting room trips and toy aisle trips.  We laid out all the possibilities while still keeping in the parameters of spending I had set up.  So we went and got a push-up from the Target food court.

She got two pairs of leggings, one brown with white polka-dots and one pink.
The cutest pink skirt--think tutu only a bit longer.  (I tried to find a pic on Target.com, but couldn't)
The yellow shirt pictured above.
A white shirt with a rainbow on it.
...and the shoes.
She also got a Smurf because it was kind of killing her that she wasn't getting toys (Auntie Sarah was trying to carefully persuade her away from toys that would only be played with for a few days and then forgot about)

When we got back to her house she went and put on the brown & white leggings, the skirt, the white shirt with a rainbow, and the shoes.  SO CUTE!

I also regret that I didn't take a picture of the two of us.  It was super fun spoiling her.  I might have went $5 over the amount I set.  She NEEDED the Smurf. :)

No comments: