Sunday, July 10, 2011

There is no place like Nebraska...Madison & Pierce

On Friday Ryan & I headed to Aunt Donna & Uncle Den's for supper before heading to the Madison County Fair.  Kayla and Andrew were home for the weekend so after supper the four of us headed to Madison.  The Madison County Fair is "The Best Week in July" and inlcudes three nights of rodeo action and two nights of concerts.  Mom & Dad purchased the fun pack which included tickets for all these events.  They were kind enough to let us use their tickets on Friday and Saturday. 

I wish I could show amazing rodeo photos to you, but I didn't take my big camera to the rodeo.  I frequently do this...I think, oh, it's too bulky, then when I get home I wish I would have just taken the dumb thing with me.  The rodeo was fun, though not the best rodeo I've been too.  Many of the cowboys and cowgirls just couldn't get it together.  Many calves went unroped, bucking broncos & bulls unrode.  Sad day.

Saturday we put on our swimsuits and headed to Pierce with the A. Donna, U. Den, Kayla and Andrew.  We were off for a day of boating (tubing and skiing).  It was a fantastic time!  I did take my big camera for this experience.  There were so many great pictures that I decided to make a collage of them so it wouldn't take so long to load them on here.  You can click the picture and it will make it bigger.

None of these photos have been edited, just put into a collage.  Here are my two favorites of the day...


Saturday night ended in a Josh Turner concert.  I had never heard of him before the concert, but did enjoy his voice.  It was super deep most of the time.  I might have to download a few of his songs now. 

Today we drove back to Denver, it was a nice drive and Tank slept about 5 of the 8 hours and as I type this blog he's laying on the floor snoring...must be ruff.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I love the collage! Please send me a link to the pics when you get a chance. :)