Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's Over...

...The last movie of the Harry Potter series has been released.  A bitter sweet ending to an exceptional series. A series, I must admit, I was reluctant to read in the first place.  I remember finally picking up the first book my senior year of college.  Once I got through it I was hooked.  I couldn't wait to finish it and at the time J.K. Rowling had only written the first four books!

To celebrate this momentous occasion, Ryan and I had a Harry Potter Party.  We invited some friends over to watch Harry Potter, 7.1 (the last book was so thick that they broke it into two parts when making the movies).  We had some Harry Potter inspired good eats, watched 7.1 and then four of us headed to the movie theater to watch 7.2 . 

Below are some of the pictures that were taken at the party--Colleen was the photographer. 

Colleen & I enjoy some ButterBeer

Cyndi likes the magic wands made from pretzels.

Sisters!
Tank supervises the set up.

MMmmmm....cheeseball


"Wands"

Bulgers--Used in playing Quidditch (it's a wizard sport)

The Golden Snitch(es), also used in Quidditch.

Butterbeer--one shot of butterscotch schnapps, and cream soda.  Top with whip cream if you want.

US

Lyssa and Ryan

The Schredls
Somehow the Wilson's avoided the camera.  Oh well.  It was requested that I put the recipe to the cheeseball on here, so here it is:

2, 8 oz. packages of softened cream cheese
1 packet of dry ranch seasoning (for making dips)
Chopped Olives (I buy the smallest can and use about half of them)
Chopped Bacon (I like bacon, and so does Ryan, so we usually put 4-6 slices in it)
8 oz block of Shredded Cheese (I use colby jack.  I put most of it in the mix and then roll the ball in what's left)

Mix together and then form into a ball.  Refrigerate 2-4 hours, serve with Triscits. :)

1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

Hooray! It was such a fun party! Can I blog about it now?