Saturday, April 30, 2011

Outdoor Ed

Tuesday I took my class up to LVR for our annual outdoor ed trip.  We all had a good time.  Tuesday it was snowing up there, which wasn't fantastic, but sitting in the Lodge by the fire sure was. :)  Wednesday was BEAUTIFUL so we hiked up to Cedar Mountain after breakfast.  After lunch we headed to the climbing and repelling area and did that for a few hours.  The fifth graders LOVED it.  I think they repelled about 5 times each.  After dinner we played a game of softball with a 16 inch ball, and ended the evening with campfire and s'mores.  We headed back home on Thursday after lunch.  Here are some pics from the trip.
Repelling

Snow, day 1--The sunglasses kept the snow out of my eyes.


Trust activity

Cedar Mountain...this is the best class I've taken up there.  Not ONE of them complained once.



1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

Gorgeous view! How was the van?