Monday, June 01, 2009

MaY

Wow! It's been a while! Here's why...most of May, I was away! :)

Here's a quick run down of what I did. The first weekend in May was spent in Las Vegas. Last year was the first time I went to Vegas & had a great time. I was glad to have been there but never put it on my list of places I MUST return to--then I started dating Ryan, who I am sure would go to Vegas EVERY weekend if given the chance. He loves it. We went together for the Jason and Emily Bachelor/Bachelorette Party Extrodinaire! There were TONS of us there for said party. It involved a lot of gambling and alcohol. I stayed up so late--hours I haven't seen for a long time! It was a good time indeed. We arrived late Friday night and stayed until early evening Sunday night. Friday was gambling on Fremont Street, Saturday we spent the day at the pool (well, I took about two hours to wander Vegas) then we segregated and I attended "Thunder from Down Under" (Google it) and we won't even discuss what Ryan and the other guys did. Sunday was lazy day--walking around, gambling, and getting to the airport about three hours early!

At DIA waiting to leave.
At the pool on Saturday.
Saturday night after meeting back up with the guys...somewhere on the Strip.

Sunday--at the Flamingo
Sunday at the Bellagio

I returned to Denver LATE Sunday night from Vegas, taught Monday, took my kids to Outdoor Ed at LVR from Tuesday to Thursday, and flew out Friday morning to go to Nebraska for Mom's graduation.

After two years of schooling my mom graduated from the RN program and is a studying fool so she can take her boards this summer!

Mom getting her "diploma" (We all know those things are fancy and empty...but it's the idea)

Mom and I

Dad and Mom

The whole family--Ashley, Adam, Mom, Dad, & Me!


The following weekend was arush home to Nebraska for not so happy reasons. Adam gave us all quite the scare and we learned the hard way that he has Long Q T Syndrome. A drive through the night to Grand Island with the best co-worker ever! A trip to Mom and Dad's, a trip to Lincoln and long hours of waiting to find out if Adam was going to be okay were the "highlights" of the third weekend in May. The happy news is that yes, Adam is going to be okay! And the lesson learned--phone calls at 1:30 am are no bueno!


The third weekend of May was uneventful. We graduated three students at Emmaus and dismissed classes at 10:30 on Friday, May 24th! Saturday Ryan and I were at Jason and Emily's to watch the Nuggets game. Sunday was church and Monday we spent the day in Castle Rock at Ryan's parents.

This weekend we ended May with the Jason and Emily wedding and a trip to the Rockies game!

At the wedding!

Ryan, Emily, Jason, and I

(Apparently this blue color is the hot color of the season--Ryan was not the only one who happened to match the wedding party so nicely--there were multiple guys sporting this blue)

And finally, Sunday at the Rockies game! (They lost...boo!)

And that wraps up May. Here's what's on tap for June:

June 7- 12 VBS in OKC

June 12-14 Ryan's Aunt's Wedding in Arizona

June 15- 19 VBS at Emmaus

June 22-July 2 Spain with Lindsey!

1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

I know you know this already...but that picture is SOOOOO CUTE!