Monday, March 02, 2009

Damaged

This weekend was the annual "End of Basketball Season Teachers vs. Students Basketball Game". I LOVE this game and look forward to it every year. This year had potential to be exceptionally good. Two pastors who played bball at the sem! And lots of young people. I however played less than 2 minutes of the first game...

Going for was was to be, I am quite sure, the most amazing lay-up EVER! I rolled my ankle, twisted my knew and fell...hard. I was determined to "walk it off" but was informed by Pastor Schilling to "sit down, you are very white." Further investigation showed instant swelling in the right ankle. Needless to say, I was out of the game for the night.

Don't worry though, nothing is broken. Ryan took me, whom he began calling "My poor damaged girlfriend" to the UrgentCare Saturday morning and $20, an hour, four X-rays later it was determined that the ankle was not broken, just badly sprained. The knee was diagnosed as "knee joint effusion" which occurs after trauma to the joint. Follow up will probably be necessary in the knee department as the right knee always gives me fits. But as requested by mom, here are pictures of the damage. (Picture 2 is a rug burn...that's right the gym we play in is carpeted!)

1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

MY POOR GIRL!! Are you in school? If you are home tomorrow Cindy and I will come take care of you!!