Saturday, July 19, 2008

Friday night was a grand night in the Mile High City. The Rockies were back in town, the breeze was nice, and we had $10 tickets to see them play! The roommates and I (plus Chrissy) took in a little of America's Favorite Passtime complete with beer and hot dogs. I had my camera in tow and this time took it out to use it! Enjoy!

Erin and I The Four of Us. (Sarah, Chrissy, Rosie, Erin)
While at the game Erin offered up a simple question, "What are your plans tomorrow?" Being Saturday and Summer, I had none. She suggested a hike. I of course asked the important question, "What time would we leave?" So this morning at 7:45 AM we dropped Rosie off at work and headed south on I-25 to Sedalia, west on 67 to Devil's Tower. The hike, 2.8 miles. The view from said tower? Amazing! Worth the 1.4 miles in (this was an in and out hike). We took pictures together on the hike--on Erin's camera, so I do not have them yet. What I am sharing with you, my loyal readers, is a cool rock formation seen along the way--one of many.
And a cloudy view of Pikes Peak, just 29 air miles from where we were!
On the way back to Denver we stopped at a little Mom & Pop Mexican place and ate smothered burritos...yummy! Upon arrival to the casa I took a nap, watched two episodes of Sex and the City, an episode of Friends, and E! True Hollywood Story--Heath Leadger. Now I must go be productive.

1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

So by productive you mean hot tubbing and Perkins?