Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Since you asked so nicely...

Okay, so I've been procrastinating updating my blog. I thought rather than updating it, I'd just call all ten of you who read it and tell you what's been going on in my life. Apprently that isn't enough for some of you. (P.S. I love you Hannah!) :-)

Okay, well the past few weeks have been a bit crazy. Basketball started and while soon enough concerning taking over my "extra" time, not soon enough when I look at the kids I have playing. They are 3 foot nothing with no real basketball experience. There is one kid that I have coached for four years, that's it. The rest are newbies! We play our first game on Thursday--I'll let you know how it goes. I remember the first year I coached I loved it so much, after every game I'd call my mom and tell her all about it even though she probably cared less. I could give her a play by play! Tonight however, I'm just hoping there is a play...we'll work on the by play part later.

My parents came to visit on Tuesday and stayed through Saturday. It was nice to have them here. My dad hasn't been out to Colorado as much as my mom, I'm glad he got to come. We had Thanksgiving at my house with the Burkees plus two boyfriends (Sarah Burkee's and Chrissy's)--Rosie and I sat at the "Unattached but TOTALLY available" table. But when it's just family the pickings are good. :-P

Friday mom, dad, Andy, and I headed to Boulder for the CU-NE game. I must sadly report that Nebraska--though they played a great first half--was not victorious...I blame it on the 5 year olds they brought out in the third quarter! The guys behind us kept saying things like "When you're ranked 112th in defense you should get to........................." It was funny the first few times, but then I was done with it. They also had their comments on Bill and TO. To bad Bill is no more. I hear his departing paycheck wasn't too bad though...so he'll live--I'm sure. There were a few "hang ups" that I won't elaborate on at the game. We'll just say that the bleachers were covered in ice and snow when we got there, and by the time we finally left, we were happy that we weren't also frozen to death...yeah. Oh, and for those of you who may be concerned, I haven't had any parking lot problems since Friday...I blame the ............................well I got nothing.

Monday was back to school and I wanted it to be Thanksgiving break again in a BAD way! I'm pretty sure that I need weekends to recover from my weekends, and breaks to recover from my breaks. Or I need more hours in the day--but with less work! Yes, that's it.

Tonight it is supposed to snow above 6000 feet which makes me MUY happy because then I can ski! YAY SKIING! (Well, after I get my bindings right and my skis waxed...but soon!)

I'd post pictures, but I didn't take any really. Mom took a few snap shots, but I have sensored them...I didn't look so hot. Maybe if I go skiing I'll take real pictures and post them!

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah gets the award for "Most Committed Coach."