Thursday, January 12, 2012



I've seen this on Facebook a lot the past few days, so today during lunch I took the time to watch it.

I agree with a lot of what is says...

I'm Lutheran, through and through. Born, raised, and will more than likely die Lutheran.

However, I believe that we are called to go and make disciples, not Lutherans. Or Catholics, or Baptists, etc. Nothing in the Bible tells us to make these denominations, man has told us to do so.

I couldn't leave my Lutheran ways. In my opinion one of the coolest things about being Lutheran is the idea of Grace. When I try wrap my mind around how awesome Grace is, it makes me excited, joyful, thankful, and leaves me in awe. How cool is it that no matter how many times we mess up or how bad we mess up, we have a loving God who is willing to take us back, not because of what we did, but because of what His Son did for us on the cross.

My favorite part about the video is the very first part... JESUS > RELIGION. Jesus is greater than religion. It doesn't matter what faith we follow, it matters WHO we follow.

Me, I'm Lutheran, but more importantly I'm saved by the blood shed for me on the cross when Jesus died.  I will celebrate in heaven one day because after His death, Jesus rose from the dead claiming victory over death.

Yay! Jesus!!

No comments: