Friday, August 05, 2011

Blog-Block

I've opened my blog quite a few times this week to blog, but couldn't think of anything fantastic to write about so I simply closed it and went on my merry way.

This week has been full of working in my classroom.  I love my job and wouldn't trade it for much, but I really want to just be a "teacher" this week and next.  I don't want to be interrupted from working on my classroom because another teacher needs workbooks or because a parent has lost yet another registration packet and needs a school supply list or to show a trash guy or sign guy around so they can come up with a proposal for us to "save" money.  But, since I'm the principal, I will do these jobs.  It just means that I need to get to school WAY before everyone else so that I can focus on my classroom and then when the rest of the world strolls in at 9 AM I can be there for them.  The only problem is that this is how I feel about alarms and early mornings:

I set my alarm to get up early and then hit snooze and eventually shut it off and then all of a sudden it's 60-90 minutes later than when my alarm first went off!  I've scheduled some meetings here and there and I suggest morning meetings so I'm not stuck at school if I don't want to be, except my definition of morning is 10 AM! 

Tomorrow Ryan and I are participating in an urban scavenger hunt through Challenge Nation.  I got a Groupon for discounted registration.  I asked a friend about doing it but she and her husband were playing mud volleyball which sounds like a nightmare to me.  So then I asked Ryan if he would do it.  I'm not sure if he actually agreed or not. :-P  So tomorrow we have to be downtown by 12:15 PM to pick up our packets.  One of the requirements is to have a digital camera to take pics at various locations, so there will be pictures for sure tomorrow!  Get excited!!

PS--If you've not watched Friday Night Lights yet...START!  I love it!  It's been my summer TV show marathon.  Netflix streams the first 4 seasons!  

Tami Taylor is my inspiration--she doesn't put up with any crap!  This year I will be a principal like her!  And she wears cowboy boots with her dresses and looks super cute--I kind of want cowboy boots...

1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

You SHOULD get cowboy boots. I think you could work them. :)