Wednesday, June 22, 2011

K & R's Wedding--June 12, 2011

Ever After Events had the pleasure of being the Day of Coordinator for K & R this month. Working with K was so much fun! She is also a teacher, so she was super flexible when I asked if we could meet "after school". I usually try to not let it slip that Wedding Coordinating isn't my full time job, but that day it did. She laughed and said, that works perfect, we dismiss at 3:15! She was also super laid back. We had discussed the ring bearers & flower girls the Monday before the wedding. She was worried about them being distraction, so we had a plan to get them to their parents. The night of the rehearsal the venue coordinator changed the plan. I quietly went to K and asked how she felt about the change. Her response was, "You know me, Sarah, I don't care..." I smiled and let the venue coordinator have her way.

Here are the details of her wedding:

Venue: The Gate House at the Lionsgate Event Center, Lafayette, CO

Caterer: The Rib House, Longmont, CO

DJ: A Music Plus, Denver, CO

Florist: Oakes Fields Wedding & Event Florist, Northglenn, CO

Cake: Intricate Icings, Erie, CO

Photographer: Rene' Tate Photography, Denver, CO

And my favorite vendor--Wedding Coordinator: Ever After Events, Aurora, CO

K was all about PINK! Her bridesmaids wore grey dresses and carried beautiful bouquets of pink flowers. My favorite flowers in the bouquets were the peonies! They are so pretty! And smell nice too!

Because K was so relaxed about everything wedding related, they had a BBQ buffet. They had these cute little bibs on every chair and wet naps on every place setting that said "Marriage is Messy, K & R, June 12, 2011". All the older grandpa men had the bibs tied on as soon as they sat down and wore them to the buffet table and the bar. K's parents also are in the coffee business so their favors were little bags of coffee beans with a cute card that said "The Perfect Blend--K & R, June 12, 2011". Below are some of the photos I took.

K  & R wrote their own wedding vows.  The thought of this makes me cringe.  I picture one person going through great pains to write the perfect vows and the other person saying "I'll love you until I die".  They both did a great job.  Their vows were short enough to not be awkward, included an inside joke between the two of them, and maybe a few others, and were very sincere--thank goodness, not cringing needed. 

Love the Cake Topper--The Bride & Groom are High Five-ing



Beautiful K, ready to walk down the aisle

K & Her dad

So Happy Together!

No comments: