Monday, August 16, 2010

Last Days of Summer

Wow, it's been a busy summer. I know I have been a slacker in the blogging world but I feel that my reasons are just...just that I didn't make time to do it. Today begins the the week in which school starts. That's right, school starts on Wednesday. I decided to stay home today rather than go into school for two reasons...maybe three. First, yesterday I was at school from 10:30 until about 8:30 last night. We had the annual End of Summer picnic. My room had been under construction as they prepped the East wall for the SMARTBoard that I am getting. FINALLY right after church the finishing touches were done and now I just wait for the actual SMARTBoard to be installed on August 31st. The second reason that I decided to stay home was that my home is in a bit of chaos. I thought I should knock out some projects that wouldn't take long or that I could do whilst doing other things--ie: Laundry. And finally, I really needed to get some actual classroom work done for school. When I'm at school I don't get anything done because I always end up being the principal when I go in to be the teacher. At home however, while doing laundry I was able to finish up my stuff for the first day of school!

Since I've been up (rather early for one who didn't go in to work I'd say) I've accomplished the following:
  • Painted an accent wall in our bedroom
  • Made a large pot of goulash for future meals
  • Cleaned up and organized the freezer
  • Fried hamburger for pita pizza's tonight and for one other future meal
  • Fried hamburger for tacos & froze it
  • Dishes
  • Many loads of laundry
  • Checked Facebook more than I should admit to
  • Wrote lesson plans
Up next...VACUUMING! :)

No comments: