Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ring! and Proposal

Picture from Saturday, Melting Pot...one day before our year anniversary.
Picture of the beautiful ring Ryan gave me last night (9/16). I said YES!
The story:
Ryan and I made plans for him to come over so we could go walk around the lake. Ryan sent me a text yesterday morning asking if I would make goulash and mashed potatotes--I had just told Colleen that I should make goulash and mashed potatotes for Ryan on Wednesday--I agreed to do so.
Well, I was late getting to my house because of choir so we walked around a smaller lake and then walked to Wal-Mart to get the necessary components for making such a WONDERFUL meal. :) (We forgot to get milk though, so I made fired potatoes instead.)
Well around 10 I went and changed into my PJ's. Ryan came in my room and I was laying on the bed and he was sitting on the floor--we were talking and he got ready to leave. He asked me to walk him out to his car. (This was odd and after much complaining and wanting to know why I had to go out with him I did.) We got outside and we were looking at the stars and the sky. I tried to leave and then Ryan said, "Oh, there's one more thing" and as I turned around he was pulling out a beautiful ring! and getting down on one knee! He then asked me to marry him and I of course said yes!
Before going back inside he told me why he wanted goulash. He said that the first night he kissed me I had made him goulash & mashed potatoes for supper and then walked him to his car. It was by his car (and my mailbox) that he kissed me for the first time.
So, there it is! We will probably have a June wedding!

2 comments:

Aunt Donna said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! The ring looks awesome!

Jamie Lynn said...

Yay! Congrats Sarah! And what a wonderful, touching story-- you've got yourself a winner there ;)