Friday, January 02, 2009

hApPy NeW yEaR!

You've spoken, and I'm going to try, really, really hard to listen. I know I've been a big ol blog slacker lately, but life has been busy! :)
Here's a quick run down of the last month of 2008. At the beginning of December I went home for the little brother's wedding. It was very fun to be home and I had an awesome time at the wedding. Ryan flew in a few days after I did and spent four whole days in the great state of Nebraska. I'm fairly confident that the family like him. :) And he must be okay with them becuase he still comes around. Here's a few of my favarite pictures from that weekend.

Before the Ceremony
Before the ceremony
Mrs. Wright, Mr. Wright, & Miss Wright!
Returning from a five day vacation was tough for me! I got back to a pile of half graded papers and a bunch of students who were just as read as I was for Christmas break! We pushed through our eight days together and made it to Christmas break. Below is a picture of the dears after the Christmas program. Some snuck out of costumes and others were in costume. Those with garland around their neck were in the chior, those without were in the play.

After school let out for Christmas break, Ryan and I went out to the Melting Pot with the Oakes--Ryan and Colleen. It was great conversation and yummy food. There was an small waiting period (about thirty minutes) in which the electricity to our table went out and we were not cooking our food. We were told if we wanted to leave we could and our meal up to that point would be compensated. We stuck it out even though Ryan (my Ryan) kept suggesting Wild Ginger as an alternative. Tonight Colleen suggested another double date night and said we could "Go to Wild Ginger, Ryan's favorite." Here's a picture from the Melting Pot.


I went home again for Christmas from December 22 through the 27th. It was nice to be home again and get some quality lazy time in. I'm pretty sure I was the most helpful person mom has had in her house in a while. My highlight of Christmas, opening gifts... :) ... Christmas Eve candle light service and seeing Marley and Me with the coolest cousin! Such a good movie! Here's a few pictures from home.

"The Loot"

Mom and I before going to Christmas Eve Service

Finally, I am back in Denver. I spent some time with Ryan, some time skiing and some time trying really hard to get to work on homework. We headed down to Colorado Springs last Sunday to visit Bob and Mona and the kids. Mona made us another great dinner.

New Year's Eve Ryan and I visited his friend, Jason's party, and then made our way home. It was prety low key, but nice. New Year's Day we spent with Ryan's family playing frisbee, seeing kittens, and eating good food. On our way back to Denver from Castle Rock, we stopped off at King Soopers to get stuff for lunches skiing. Ryan met up with some more of his friends...see photo. Today we skied at A. Basin and used our Avalanch Promo passes. We headed up late and skied all afternoon. Enjoy the last of the pictures.
New Years Eve...11:55pm. Note the lack of my arm taking the picutre, that's right, I have a timer on my camera and when placed on the right shelf, we can just stand there and look pretty!

Ryan's "Friends" at King Soopers!

In line to get on the lift.

Um, I guess this is my boyfriend, aka the bank robber? At least he was warm!

1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

Yayyyyy...I love when you blog!! And your boyfriend the burglar!