title

title

Sunday, January 05, 2014

Back to School... *sad face*...2014 Goals

Today was officially the last day of Christmas vacation.  There is more snow outside now then there was on the first day of Christmas vacation.  There is not enough snow to call a snow day. :(  So tomorrow, I will make the trek to school.

So how does one spend their last day of Christmas vacation?  Trying to figure out when the next three day weekend is, of course!  Not really.  Today I finished cleaning the house and putting the Christmas stuff away.  My house looks very empty and plain now.  I would like to leave my Christmas tree up longer.

I also went grocery shopping today.  When I got home from the store, I made chicken noodle soup, meatloaf, and chicken & rice.  I think that we have enough food to at least cover lunches for the week.  I have a few ideas for dinners, so we should be good.


~~~~~

Since I blogged about my favorite parts of 2013, I figured it's time to share my goals for 2014.

1.  Take more pictures.  Ryan got me a new lens for my camera for Christmas.  I need to use it more.  Some of the blogs I follow the authors take pictures that aren't posed and fancy and they look great.  And they are recording memories.  I left my camera out to try and catch a few more photo ops.  Even if they are boring photos like my pretty jars of food rather than ugly boxes of food.  :)

2.  Track my spending (aka--don't spend so much).  I don't think I'm a really big spender, but, I know I could spend less.  One of the places I (we) tend to spend the most is eating out.  I'm going to try really hard to control that in 2014.  Five days in and we are winning.  We went to Ted's Montana Grill last night, but we had a gift card that covered the whole bill, so I don't think it counts as spending. :)  I bought a little notebook to keep in my purse and write down every time I spend money, whether it be a necessity like food, gas, etc. or a splurge like a new sweater or a pair of shoes.  The other day I returned something to Target and knowing that I needed to write down whatever I spent kept me from spending.  It's a small start, but hopefully we will reap the benefits of my tracking. :)

3.  Be healthy--this is pretty cliche' but a good goal none the less.  Included in this is take my vitamins every day, eat more fruits and veggies, work-out more, etc.  So far, so good. :)




1 comment:

Kristen said...

I hope your first day back is a good one! Our break is extended due to lots of snow and very cold weather here in Indiana. Tracking spending is a great goal because (I think) it's easy to see progress - no matter how small. Any savings is saving!